Experience Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a stunning newly redeveloped open-air pool located in the tranquil surrounds of Petersham Park.
We are reopening Monday 5th October 2020. We would like to reassure all our members & guests that the Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a covid safe facility; operating with an extremely detailed Covid Safety Plan.
We are taking all the neccessary precautions to ensure the facility is clean and safe for all of the community to enjoy.
We are the perfect place to have a dip, do some laps, or to bring your family for a fun-filled day out in the sun. Don't forget to make use of our free BBQ areas to entertain your family and friends as you soak up the atmosphere and enjoy our facilities.
With new changing facilities, kids splash deck, toddlers pool and 25m lap pool we have something for everyone at Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre.
For the health and safety of the community Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with a venue capacity limit. From time to time when reached the centre will operate a "one in - one out" policy.
Capacity refers to both in the pool and within the venue.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to Fanny Durak Aquatic Centre.
Customer Call back Request
As you might be aware, we are experiencing unprecedented levels of enquiries. We are trying our best to keep up with the influx of calls and appreciate your patience at this time. We will endeavour to contact you as soon as practical.
Latest News VIEW ALL NEWS
Get creative these school holidays!
School holidays are here again! To keep you busy, we’ve put together a collection of activities for you and the family that will get the kids thinking outside of the box, finding new hobbies and learning new skills, all while keeping everyone active.
Reopening Special 2020/21 season.
FInd out how to save 10% off your season passes.
Pre-opening special only.
Season 2020/21 Opening Hours
Our opening hours for the 2020/21 season by date
Step into September!
Walking or a workout in disguise? Various studies have found that achieving 10,000 steps a day can better your health, improve cardio fitness and reduce the risk of health complications such as heart disease and diabetes. Find out more tips to acheive your daily step count today!
FAQ's Expand all
Conditions of entry.
This centre is supervised for the safety and comfort of patrons in accordance with relevant safety guidelines. Accordingly, the following conditions of Entry and Use apply.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- Children under 15years of age are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 18years or older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children under 5years of age are to be within arms reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Patrons must follow the instructions given by FDAC staff at all times. Management reserves the right to ask any patron who does not obey signage, the directives of staff, or Conditions of Use and Entry to leave the facility and further entry may be refused.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour or language.
- No running, pushing, backflips, bombing or holding breath underwater for competitions. Diving is only permitted where the depth of the pool is greater than 1.2metres (please seek advice from FDAC pool lifeguards clarification).
- No animals, drugs, alcohol, glass or porcelain allowed inside the facility. Banned items such as, but not limited to bikes, scooter and skateboards are not permitted on the premises. There is no smoking permitted in this facility.
- Management takes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Patrons enter the centre at their own risk. By entering the centre Patrons accept that the operator is not liable for loss or injury, however caused, and consent to receiving any first aid treatment that the centre’s staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable in the event they suffer an injury whilst at the centre.
- Season and Multi Visit Passes are valid for season of purchase only.
- Coaching or training must not be conducted for fee or reward without the prior permission of the Centre Management.
- No photography, except with the permission of the subject and their parent or guardian (if the subject is under 18years of age).
The Royal Lifesaving Society's "Keep Watch" program guidelines are implemented in this centre.
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with the NSW Royal Lifesaving recomended 30/30 policy for dealing with lightening as a weather condition.
The policy refers to the "flash/bang" method meaning that the pool will be cleared when the time difference from a visible lightening strike to a audible thunder bang occurs. The pool will be closed for 30 minutes from the final visible lightening strike.
Pool users who have only recently entered the centre (30 minutes of the pool closure) and have paid casually will provided a casual swim pass for a future visit or have the option of waiting for the pool to be reopened.