Customer Call back Request
As you might be aware, we are experiencing unprecedented levels of enquiries. We are trying our best to keep up with the influx of calls and appreciate your patience at this time. We will endeavour to contact you as soon as practical.
Experience Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a stunning newly redeveloped open-air pool located in the tranquil surrounds of Petersham Park.
We are the perfect place to have a dip, do some laps, or to bring your family for a fun-filled day out in the sun. Don't forget to make use of our free BBQ areas to entertain your family and friends as you soak up the atmosphere and enjoy our facilities.
With new changing facilities, kids splash deck, toddlers pool and 25m lap pool we have something for everyone at Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre.
For the communities, health and safety from time to time the centre may reach capacity. This capacity is set by capacity for individuals in the water as well as people within the centre.
When this happens, the centre will commence a one in one out policy so as people leave the centre, more people may enter.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to Fanny Durak Aquatic Centre.
We are currently closed for the season.
We will reopen again in spring 2020!
Thank you all for a great summer!
Latest Events VIEW ALL EVENTS
Latest News VIEW ALL NEWS
Five ways to reduce lower back pain
Many of us have had to make changes to our everyday regular routines and the ways we are moving over the last few months. If you are finding that you have some newfound tension in your back, you're not alone. Our accredited Exercise Physiologists have provided some great tips on how we can get up and move more in your day!
Tips for eating healthy & achieving your goals
Healthy bodies come in many shapes and sizes! This advice will help you get off to the right start to lose excess weight or reach your fitness goals. Well balanced eating is the most important thing you can do to help maintain your ideal weight.
Learn to swim Update!
We hope you have been keeping busy during this difficult time. Our team have been working hard to clean the Centre and prepare for when lessons can resume. At this point we do not have an opening date, but please know you will be the first to hear of any updates.
The benefits of resistance training
As we move through different stages of restrictions across the country, one health and fitness option that is easy to do anywhere is resistance training! Find out how resistance training can help improve your health and wellbeing.
FAQ's Expand all
Conditions of entry.
This centre is supervised for the safety and comfort of patrons in accordance with relevant safety guidelines. Accordingly, the following conditions of Entry and Use apply.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- Children under 15years of age are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 18years or older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children under 5years of age are to be within arms reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Patrons must follow the instructions given by FDAC staff at all times. Management reserves the right to ask any patron who does not obey signage, the directives of staff, or Conditions of Use and Entry to leave the facility and further entry may be refused.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour or language.
- No running, pushing, backflips, bombing or holding breath underwater for competitions. Diving is only permitted where the depth of the pool is greater than 1.2metres (please seek advice from FDAC pool lifeguards clarification).
- No animals, drugs, alcohol, glass or porcelain allowed inside the facility. Banned items such as, but not limited to bikes, scooter and skateboards are not permitted on the premises. There is no smoking permitted in this facility.
- Management takes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Patrons enter the centre at their own risk. By entering the centre Patrons accept that the operator is not liable for loss or injury, however caused, and consent to receiving any first aid treatment that the centre’s staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable in the event they suffer an injury whilst at the centre.
- Season and Multi Visit Passes are valid for season of purchase only.
- Coaching or training must not be conducted for fee or reward without the prior permission of the Centre Management.
- No photography, except with the permission of the subject and their parent or guardian (if the subject is under 18years of age).
The Royal Lifesaving Society's "Keep Watch" program guidelines are implemented in this centre.
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with the NSW Royal Lifesaving recomended 30/30 policy for dealing with lightening as a weather condition.
The policy refers to the "flash/bang" method meaning that the pool will be cleared when the time difference from a visible lightening strike to a audible thunder bang occurs. The pool will be closed for 30 minutes from the final visible lightening strike.
Pool users who have only recently entered the centre (30 minutes of the pool closure) and have paid casually will provided a casual swim pass for a future visit or have the option of waiting for the pool to be reopened.