Customer Call back Request
As you might be aware, we are experiencing unprecedented levels of enquiries. We are trying our best to keep up with the influx of calls and appreciate your patience at this time. We will endeavour to contact you as soon as practical.
Experience Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a stunning newly redeveloped open-air pool located in the tranquil surrounds of Petersham Park.
We are the perfect place to have a dip, do some laps, or to bring your family for a fun-filled day out in the sun. Don't forget to make use of our free BBQ areas to entertain your family and friends as you soak up the atmosphere and enjoy our facilities.
With new changing facilities, kids splash deck, toddlers pool and 25m lap pool we have something for everyone at Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre.
For the communities, health and safety from time to time the centre may reach capacity. This capacity is set by capacity for individuals in the water as well as people within the centre.
When this happens, the centre will commence a one in one out policy so as people leave the centre, more people may enter.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to Fanny Durak Aquatic Centre.
We are currently closed for the season.
We will reopen again in spring 2020!
Thank you all for a great summer!
Latest Events VIEW ALL EVENTS
Latest News VIEW ALL NEWS
Long Weekend Ideas
Our next long weekend in fast approaching! It is going to be a little different to those in the past and you might be struggling for ideas of what to do within the current Covid-safe regulations, so we have some ideas for you!
Best Ways to Get Incidental Exercise
Every day you do incidental exercise without knowing it. When you walk rather than drive or take two flights of stairs instead of the lift, you’re actually exercising. Just by doing a bit more so that it adds up to 30 minutes a day, you get many of the benefits of formal exercise.
Telehealth is now available
Our team of exercise physiologists are now offering video conference consultations for those requiring treatment, education and a rehabilitation plans for injuries and illness.
Why Is Sitting So Bad?
Research has indicated that sitting for prolonged periods can be bad for your health. The more hours you spend sitting daily, the greater the risk of metabolic problems. It is easy to find simple activities to keep moving throughout the day
FAQ's Expand all
Conditions of entry.
This centre is supervised for the safety and comfort of patrons in accordance with relevant safety guidelines. Accordingly, the following conditions of Entry and Use apply.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- Children under 15years of age are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 18years or older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children under 5years of age are to be within arms reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Patrons must follow the instructions given by FDAC staff at all times. Management reserves the right to ask any patron who does not obey signage, the directives of staff, or Conditions of Use and Entry to leave the facility and further entry may be refused.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour or language.
- No running, pushing, backflips, bombing or holding breath underwater for competitions. Diving is only permitted where the depth of the pool is greater than 1.2metres (please seek advice from FDAC pool lifeguards clarification).
- No animals, drugs, alcohol, glass or porcelain allowed inside the facility. Banned items such as, but not limited to bikes, scooter and skateboards are not permitted on the premises. There is no smoking permitted in this facility.
- Management takes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Patrons enter the centre at their own risk. By entering the centre Patrons accept that the operator is not liable for loss or injury, however caused, and consent to receiving any first aid treatment that the centre’s staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable in the event they suffer an injury whilst at the centre.
- Season and Multi Visit Passes are valid for season of purchase only.
- Coaching or training must not be conducted for fee or reward without the prior permission of the Centre Management.
- No photography, except with the permission of the subject and their parent or guardian (if the subject is under 18years of age).
The Royal Lifesaving Society's "Keep Watch" program guidelines are implemented in this centre.
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with the NSW Royal Lifesaving recomended 30/30 policy for dealing with lightening as a weather condition.
The policy refers to the "flash/bang" method meaning that the pool will be cleared when the time difference from a visible lightening strike to a audible thunder bang occurs. The pool will be closed for 30 minutes from the final visible lightening strike.
Pool users who have only recently entered the centre (30 minutes of the pool closure) and have paid casually will provided a casual swim pass for a future visit or have the option of waiting for the pool to be reopened.