Attention members and guests.<br data-text="true" /> <br /> Maintenance is required on the splash pad and as such it will be out of service.<br data-text="true" /> <br /> Technicians have been notified and as we become aware of timeframes we will advise our members and guests.
Experience Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a stunning newly redeveloped open-air pool located in the tranquil surrounds of Petersham Park.
We are reopening Monday 5th October 2020. We would like to reassure all our members & guests that the Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre is a covid safe facility; operating with an extremely detailed Covid Safety Plan.
We are taking all the neccessary precautions to ensure the facility is clean and safe for all of the community to enjoy.
We are the perfect place to have a dip, do some laps, or to bring your family for a fun-filled day out in the sun. Don't forget to make use of our free BBQ areas to entertain your family and friends as you soak up the atmosphere and enjoy our facilities.
With new changing facilities, kids splash deck, toddlers pool and 25m lap pool we have something for everyone at Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre.
For the health and safety of the community Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with a venue capacity limit. From time to time when reached the centre will operate a "one in - one out" policy.
Capacity refers to both in the pool and within the venue.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to Fanny Durak Aquatic Centre.
Latest News VIEW ALL NEWS
The Benefits of Active Kids
As the kids return back to school this term, it is a terrific idea to get them involved in some extra-curricular physical activities like swimming, gymnastics or sports, to keep them moving and promote healthy growth and development!
Lovely Ways to Spend Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and although we may show our love and appreciation for those dear to us on many other days, it’s a great idea to share some extra care on this special day. Whoever you may be spending the day with, we’ve got you covered with some of our favourite ideas for experiential gifts and outings!
Back to School with Simply the Best Lunches and Snacks!
Have you checked school lunches and snacks off your back to school list yet? Head back to school and back to sport, gymnastics or swimming with these scrumptious lunchbox ideas!
Simply the Best Summer Treats!
Treat your little ones (and yourself) to these all-natural ice blocks made using only real fruit. See the full recipe here!
FAQ's Expand all
Conditions of entry.
This centre is supervised for the safety and comfort of patrons in accordance with relevant safety guidelines. Accordingly, the following conditions of Entry and Use apply.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- Children under 15years of age are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 18years or older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children under 5years of age are to be within arms reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Patrons must follow the instructions given by FDAC staff at all times. Management reserves the right to ask any patron who does not obey signage, the directives of staff, or Conditions of Use and Entry to leave the facility and further entry may be refused.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour or language.
- No running, pushing, backflips, bombing or holding breath underwater for competitions. Diving is only permitted where the depth of the pool is greater than 1.2metres (please seek advice from FDAC pool lifeguards clarification).
- No animals, drugs, alcohol, glass or porcelain allowed inside the facility. Banned items such as, but not limited to bikes, scooter and skateboards are not permitted on the premises. There is no smoking permitted in this facility.
- Management takes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Patrons enter the centre at their own risk. By entering the centre Patrons accept that the operator is not liable for loss or injury, however caused, and consent to receiving any first aid treatment that the centre’s staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable in the event they suffer an injury whilst at the centre.
- Season and Multi Visit Passes are valid for season of purchase only.
- Coaching or training must not be conducted for fee or reward without the prior permission of the Centre Management.
- No photography, except with the permission of the subject and their parent or guardian (if the subject is under 18years of age).
The Royal Lifesaving Society's "Keep Watch" program guidelines are implemented in this centre.
Fanny Durack Aquatic Centre operates with the NSW Royal Lifesaving recomended 30/30 policy for dealing with lightening as a weather condition.
The policy refers to the "flash/bang" method meaning that the pool will be cleared when the time difference from a visible lightening strike to a audible thunder bang occurs. The pool will be closed for 30 minutes from the final visible lightening strike.
Pool users who have only recently entered the centre (30 minutes of the pool closure) and have paid casually will provided a casual swim pass for a future visit or have the option of waiting for the pool to be reopened.